Images of Bucharest

Street reflection in a hat shop window, Bucharest


Today it’s pouring rain and I don’t feel like going out. I’ve finished (well, almost) a long-term project. So when the Scottish Book Trust sends me an email to say they’ve updated their author profile pages, I spend some time looking through the profiles of various authors, some are friends, others I don’t know and I’m curious about. 

The rain batters on the skylight and I’ve been up to a neighbour’s to feed their cat while they’re away. I was worried because she did not turn up last night. I whiled away an hour hoping she would appear, by watching on catch up Mary Beard’s excellent programme on Rome and the Romans. I got nostalgic when she went to Greece. This morning I’m relieved to see that the cat must have turned up later, as the food has been eaten. 


I’ve been so involved in writing and editing and rewriting and re-editing that I haven’t put up anything on the blog about Bucharest. An article will appear elsewhere later this month, but in the meantime, here’s a few pictures of the amazing architecture of Bucharest.


Ornate facade


George Enescu Museum



Covered passage in Bucharest old town - Passajul Vilacrosse

In the garden of the Museum of Romanian Literature - Cioran, Eliade & Ionescu

Comments

My goodness, these carachters look ghostly (and a bit scary). Maybe that's how they are meant to be....Rxx