Pushcart Prize Nomination


Edward Lear drawing: Gjirokaster

 
I was just back from the USA after a journey even longer than usual because of cancelled and re-routed flights. It felt appropriate that I was still on East Coast time when I heard that my travel writing about Albania, Passages, had been nominated for a Pushcart Prize. This came totally out of the blue but I could not be more delighted. Many thanks to Julian Torres Lopez, editor at the Nasiona Magazine for this nomination. 



It turns out I’m in good company too –  the award winning Canadian writer Douglas Glover (founder and editor of Numéro Cinq), has also been nominated, by the Brooklyn Rail  where an excerpt from his forthcoming novel was published.


View of Gjirokaster today

Comments

am said…
Congratulations, Morelle! Wonderful news!
dritanje said…
Thank you amanda! It was quite a surprise to come home to.
Well deserved Morelle! xxx